Brain Injury Lawyers in New York
Traumatic Brain Injury - Why Speed and Patience Are Equally Important
When a brain is injured in an accident, it causes a physical reaction. There may be swelling or bleeding. Pathways may be disrupted and pressure could build up. At Friedman, Hirschen & Miller, LLP, our New York brain injury lawyers know that there is a combined approach that is needed to win a TBI lawsuit:
- Speed: We gather facts while they are fresh and before anyone has had a chance to tamper with them, alter them or help them disappear. We talk to everyone. We examine everything. We leave no stone unturned. We have the determination to take your case all the way.
- Patience: We know that brain injuries often take time to develop. A personality change will not typically occur overnight. A complete and comprehensive assessment takes time to develop and often is the basis for winning a settlement or verdict. We have the patience to take your case all the way.
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, call 518-480-2151 now to schedule a free consultation.
New York Brain Injury Attorneys
Not every law firm has the experience to fully and successfully represent the family or victim of a brain injury accident. Our law firm has this experience and a proven track record. We understand the brain and how it works. The following knowledge is critical:
- How does the brain work?
- What happens when the brain is injured?
- How does the brain react to an injury? This includes speech and language, motor skills, sensory information and major executive functions such as breathing and swallowing.
- How does age affect an injury?
- How does the brain learn new tasks or acquire knowledge after a brain injury?
Keep in mind that the degree of a brain injury is not determined by imaging studies, but by a comprehensive assessment.
Our brain injury lawyers not only understand the brain, but also have deep experience with specific types of situations or circumstances where brain injuries can occur. We have been able to earn $1 million and more recoveries for traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including the following areas:
- Birth-related brain injuries and medical malpractice
- Sports-related brain injuries
- Slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall brain injuries
- Motor vehicle and car accident TBI
- Workplace and construction accident brain injuries, including falls or falling objects
Contact Our Brain Injury Attorneys | Se habla español
Our Albany law firm offers evening and weekend appointments, and we can make hospital visits if necessary. Our telephones are answered 24 hours a day so please call 518-480-2151 or contact us via e-mail.